Modern Smart Grids rely on advanced computational tools to analyse the security of the system and provide valuable information to the network operators. Thus, it is necessary to develop appropriate dynamic models of the electricity grids to be used in the computations. The luck of accurate and validated dynamic models can endanger the security of the system.
In this project, you have to develop a dynamic model of the well-known CIGRE benchmark MV network to be used with the dynamic simulator RAMSES1 for assessing the delay-robust of distributed frequency control.
- A complete literature review on MG including MG definition and dynamics.
- A dynamic model of the MG system suitable for simulations with RAMSES.
- A frequency test case scenario using RAMSES.
- All the code developed should be documented and published on GitHub under an MIT License2. The final code (along with all other supplementary files) should be published on Zenodo and the DOI included in the final report3.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good programming skills.
- Experience with modelling and simulation of power systems.
- Background in renewable energy sources.
Please, before asking any questions, please check the FAQ.